THE GREAT LEGENDARY ARTIST
Shri B.G. Sharma
Shri Bhanwar Lal Girdhari Lal Sharma was born on 5th August 1924 in Nathdwara (Rajasthan). Shri B.G. Sharma, a NATIONAL AWARDEE, is an eminent personality in the world of Indian Art & Culture. He is known for his masterly finesse in the field of Mughal Art, Sundry Art, Religious Art, Miniature Art, Oil paintings, Pichhwai Paintings, Kangra Style, Kishangarh Style & All National Cultural Paintings.
Popular for his originality in composition, design, detail and ornamentation, B. G. Sharma is considered a “Pioneer in Miniature Paintings”. Shri B.G. Sharma has showcased exemplary work in the traditional schools of Kangra, Kishangarh & Mughal painting and has developed a unique style that has contributed significantly to both traditional and contemporary Indian art which is widely called as "B.G. Sharma Style" of painting.
He has revolutionized the culture of Mughal Art & Pichhawai Art throughout the territory of Rajasthan. Being a Maestro of his work, B.G. Sharma has helped the Rajasthani Painting & Art flourish on a global level by imparting knowledge & skill development training to various enthusiastic learner painters through workshop conducted in his Art Gallery situated in Udaipur.
In order to enlighten himself with Modern trends in art & contemporary technique, Shree Sharma joined the J.J. School of Arts & Crafts (Mumbai) in 1947.
B.G. Sharma’s masterpiece can be visited at his gallery- The B.G. Sharma Art Gallery, 3, Saheli Marg, Udaipur (Rajasthan, India) which features more than 1000 pieces of mesmerizing craftwork.
Fellowship & Accolades
- Merit Certificate Award by the Board of Handicraft New Delhi-1980
- National Award for Master Craftsman presented by former President- Shri Gyani Jail Singh-1983
- Maharana Sangram Singh Award presented by His Highness Shree Arvind Singh ji Mewar (King of Mewar) under Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation Annual Awards (MMCFAA)- 1984
- Selected for Fellowship in the field of Miniature Painting by Govt. Of India-1984
- Lalit Kala Academy Award by Govt. Of India – 1985
- Senior Citizen Award by Rotary Club, Udaipur -1996
- Akhil Bhartiya Pustimargiya Puruskar by Shree Nath Ji Temple Board Nathdwara-1996
- Benjamin Franklin Award for the book Publication (published by Mandal Media) in America (USA)-2002
- The ONLY Indian Artist whose painting was included in the “COW BOOK” published by Alfred-A-Knopt in New York (USA)-1983.
- Appreciation Letter conferred to B.G. Sharma by the Canadian Govt.-2002.